Sunday, September 7, 2008

Dyed Crinoline


Another neat thing to do to set your wedding apart from all the rest is to dye your crinoline. When I found pics online of other people dying their crinolines, I knew I just had to do it. And since my wedding colors were tiffany blue and white - I had to dye it blue!


To begin, I checked to be sure that the material that my crinoline was made out of could be dyed. Luckily all of the crinolines from David's bridal can be dyed. Amanda and I headed off to WalMart and bought some rit dye.


We added the dye to the washer and turned the water to hot. We also took the crinoline to the shower and got it wet before adding it to the washer.





We stuffed it down in the washer and every few minutes would open the washer to redistribute the poofiness ;-)


It turned out to be a beautiful shade of blue. We let the washer run again after pulling out the crinoline and added some vinegar to the wash so that the blue dye would not get on our next load of laundry. We hung it up to dry and it only took a little while.




























2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a pretty neat idea!

Cassie said...

Wow, Heather! This looks amazing... will have to try it with my crinoline... colors are red and white, so I guess I have to go with red! Hope it comes out the right shade! I may have to dye it multiple times... I'll ask my buddy.