Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wedding Card Box

One of the hip new things appearing at weddings is a variation on the traditional "card box." It is customary to have a box or birdcage at weddings for guests to place their cards in for the couple. What all brides discover when shopping for wedding supplies is that card boxes are very pricey. Many run between $20-$100 ( http://www.weddingcardboxes.com/).


My maid-of-honor and I, however, in my quest for saving money on my wedding, decided to make my card box. My wedding colors were tiffany blue and white, so I wanted to make a card box that looked like stacked Tiffany & Co. boxes. I found some stackable cardboard boxes at a flea-market in Michigan for about $6. I bought the perfect color blue paper at the Card & Party Outlet, and some white sparkly ribbon at Michaels.

Amanda then cut a large opening between the boxes and an opening for the cards in the smaller box lid (see pic above). Then we wrapped the boxes and decorated them with the ribbon. Below was our result. The total cost of our project was $10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!!